Director of Homeless Outreach
Job Title: Director of Homeless Outreach FLSA Status: Exempt OSHA Category: 80/83 Last Revision: 6/17/18 Reports to: Senior Director of Programs
The Director of Outreach is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive homeless outreach strategy for several street outreach teams funded by public and private partnerships. S/he supervises the Team Leaders for the DowntownDC and Golden Triangle BID Outreach Teams, the CABHI Outreach Team as well as the Coordinated Entry Outreach Team. S/he represents Pathways to the larger service provider community, the Coordinated Entry network, as well as community stakeholders.
● Oversee department operations, finances, budgets, and contracts for multiple street outreach teams; ensure compliance with contract requirements;
● Develop policies, protocols, and strategic priorities for the outreach department;
● Ensure that clinical and program decisions are consistent with philosophy, values and policies of the agency;
● Analyze department metrics, evaluate trends, set benchmarks and measure department outcomes;
● Supervise, mentor and provide clinical support for team supervisors and outreach staff;
● Ensure service delivery is person-centered, clinically sound, and effective;
● Implement professional development plan for the outreach department, consistent with clinical and outreach best practices;
● Collaborate with team supervisors on interviewing and selecting new staff, as well as training and orientation of new hires;
● Collaborate with team supervisors to develop performance measures, address personnel matters, and deliver staff evaluations;
● Represent Pathways and the outreach teams in community leadership forums, especially ICH, Point in Time, CAHP and SOAR Leadership workgroups;
● Establish strong partnerships with government entities, service providers and other stakeholders to maximize impact; leverage existing resources of the outreach teams to expand coverage;
● Facilitate city-wide planning and coordination with the broader outreach provider network to cover gaps and underserved areas of DC; continue to reassess and adjust as community needs shift;
● Collaborate with other agencies to address systemic challenges, eliminating barriers for individuals to receive necessary services and housing;
● Support team members to coordinate service delivery for complex needs of individuals within a larger continuum of care; ensure thorough response to community concerns and clinical crises;
● Maintain the department’s records in Electronic Medical Record, including progress notes, incident reports, referrals, and psychosocial assessments; Ensure quality of department data and clinical documentation;
● Develop and conduct trainings for community stakeholders, including law enforcement, library staff, property owners / security managers, and faith communities on issues such as homelessness, mental illness, and other topics as needed;
● Complement the resources of existing teams by recruiting and supervising year-long volunteers, including MSW level social work interns and service corps members;
● Coordinate quarterly and annual evening and daytime counts / mapping of individuals sleeping on the streets in DC;
● Perform related work as assigned.
● Master’s Preferred, Bachelor’s required;
● Minimum 4 years’ experience working in homeless outreach or providing direct services to persons experiencing homelessness;
● 2+ years of supervisory experience;
● Proven, documented ability to lead and motivate teams;
● Unwavering commitment to quality programs and service delivery;
● Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and passion for working with persons with complex needs;
● Excellent communication, writing, and computer skills;
● Bilingual English / Spanish a plus;
● Driver’s License required.
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.