Clinical Supervisor - Downtown Day Services Center
Position Title: Clinical Supervisor – Downtown Day Services Center
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Programs
Pathways to Housing DC (Pathways DC) is an innovative and nationally recognized nonprofit organization committed to ending homelessness for individuals with serious mental illnesses, co-occurring substance abuse disorders and/or other medical challenges in our Nation's capital. Pathways is one of the originators of “Housing First”, in which services are provided to those in need without conditions and pre-housing requirements such as curfews, mandated sobriety or compliance with medication.
The Clinical Supervisor will be responsible for daily project oversight and the overall leadership of the Pathways team providing in-house clinical services to clients in the Downtown Day Services Center. This includes supervising the Pathways Service staff members, intake and assessment monitoring, coordinating with other agencies as necessary, tracking outcomes, managing the relationships and reporting to the BID’s as needed. S/he will be considered key staff. The Clinical Supervisor will communicate with the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer to ensure that the timeline is followed, all milestones are met, all work is done within the parameters of the budget, and required reports are submitted.
● Provides clinical supervision of professional, paraprofessional and support staff.
Ensures team provides related services to assigned clientele in accordance with established policies, practices, contractual agreements and in compliance with accreditation, certification and regulatory standards.
● Reviews and approves staff schedules, reimbursement requests, and compliance with company policies. Ensures continual skill development, performance reviews and training of team members.
● Provides weekly individual supervision of clinical staff to ensure consistency of practice and compliance with regulatory and contractual standards. Provides additional guidance and coaching to team members as needed.
● Documents all supervision sessions in the employee record. Works with individual team members to develop Performance Improvement Plans as needed.
● Participate and lead orientation and on-going clinical trainings.
● Responsible for the quality assurance of the clinical records. This includes reviewing and approving individual recovery plans; reviewing and approving clinical notes; and
● ensuring timely documentation. Conducts initial intake of new clients and annual assessments, ensuring quality service
● Represents Pathways at meetings with DBH, other providers, conferences and at community meetings.
● Completes monthly outcome reports on billing, quality assurance and timely documentation.
● Provides other related duties as required.
● Master’s degree in a clinical specialty (i;e; social work, psychology, psychiatry, rehabilitation counseling) from an accredited university required.
● Currently licensed in the District of Columbia as either a LICSW or LPC required.
● Minimum 4 years of experience in case management or counseling of people with psychiatric disabilities, histories of substance abuse and/or trauma.
● 2 years of demonstrated experience supervising staff performing case management services as indicated.
● Demonstrated knowledge of mental health and substance abuse clinical skills
● Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and passion for working with persons with complex needs
● Excellent organizational, communication, writing, and computer skills;
● Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
● Driver’s License required
Salary negotiable, depending on experience.
Pathways to Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.