Case Manager - Downtown Day Services Center
Position Title: Case Manager – Downtown Day Services Center
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: DDSC Clinical Supervisor
Pathways to Housing DC (Pathways DC) is an innovative and nationally recognized nonprofit organization committed to ending homelessness for individuals with serious mental illnesses, co-occurring substance abuse disorders and/or other medical challenges in our Nation's capital. Pathways is one of the originators of “Housing First”, in which services are provided to those in need without conditions and pre-housing requirements such as curfews, mandated sobriety or compliance with medication.
The Case Manager for the Downtown Day Services Center will be responsible for providing outreach and support services both at the center and at times in the community. He or she will provide brief therapeutic interventions and assessments, wraparound services not limited to entitlement counseling and linkages, daily living skills, and referral to mental health, health, and housing providers.
● Provide outreach, case management, counseling, advocacy, and other needed services to clients seeking services in Center.
● Collaborate with client in the formulation of an Individual Recovery Plan (IRP) that is reviewed and modified with client on a regular basis;
● Provide therapeutic counseling and support services to each client in a broad range of areas, including (but not limited to) housing, training & work opportunities, activities of daily living, health, wellness self-management, relapse prevention, self-help and empowerment, problem solving, family life and social relationships and integrated treatment for substance abuse;
● Coordinate and monitor referrals to community services, and advocate client’s participation in them. Ensures “warm transfers” and facilitate introductions to new service providers
● Maintain written and computerized records compile reports and complete other program documentation (e;g;, progress notes, incident reports, on-call logs, letters, psychosocial assessments);
● Perform related work as assigned;
● Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field required.
● 2 years’ experience in mental health services/human services preferred.
● Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations;
● Career experience in social services, supported housing, or with persons with disabilities;
● Excellent communication, writing, and computer skills;
● Bilingual English/Spanish a plus;
● Driver's license and vehicle required.
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.